Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Larry Martell

Default django not picking up template change on CentOS

Don't know if anyone here can help me or not, but here's my problem:

I have a django app. I develop on a Mac, but it's deployed on CentOS.
I've been doing it like this for a long time with no issues. Today I
changed a template on my Mac, and the change was picked up, no
problem. I checked my change into git, went to a CentOS box, pulled
the change down, but django is not picking it up. I've tried
everything I can think of - bounced the server, restarted the browser,
cleared the cache and cookies, tried 3 different browsers, deleted it,
re-pulled from git, but when I look at the code in the debugger, it's
clearly using the old template. There are no errors in the apache log,
and permissions are fine. One thing I see is that is different is that
the dir that has the new template, has no SELinux security context
set, whereas all the other dirs do. But SELinux is disabled on this
box, so that's probably not it. I've been trying to set the SELinux
security context on that dir, just so it's like the others, but I
haven't been able to figure out how to do that - I don't know what to
pass to chcon.

I'm tearing my hair out here. Anyone have any ideas as to what's
preventing it from picking up the new template, or what I can check to
figure out what's going on?

Thanks!
-larry

Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM
"James B. Byrne"

On Wed, September 12, 2012 11:52, Larry Martell wrote:
I've been trying to set the SELinux
> security context on that dir, just so it's like the others, but I
> haven't been able to figure out how to do that - I don't know what to
> pass to chcon.

Well, if SELinux is disabled or set to permissive then the file
contexts should not make any difference. However, to reset the
contexts to their defaults without resorting /.autorelabel one can do
this:

# permanent fix
restorecon -Rv /path/to/start

You might have to add the -F flag as well. I am not sure when this
becomes necessary but on occasion I have had to resort to it when
dealing with httpd selinux issues.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

Old 09-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Larry Martell

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, September 12, 2012 11:52, Larry Martell wrote:
> I've been trying to set the SELinux
>> security context on that dir, just so it's like the others, but I
>> haven't been able to figure out how to do that - I don't know what to
>> pass to chcon.
>
> Well, if SELinux is disabled or set to permissive then the file
> contexts should not make any difference. However, to reset the
> contexts to their defaults without resorting /.autorelabel one can do
> this:
>
> # permanent fix
> restorecon -Rv /path/to/start
>
> You might have to add the -F flag as well. I am not sure when this
> becomes necessary but on occasion I have had to resort to it when
> dealing with httpd selinux issues.

Thanks for the reply, but this had no effect, neither on the security
context of the dir, nor on my django issue.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 09-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Daniel J Walsh