Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default How to? Set boot up display resolution

I have been given a replacement monitor for my CentOS-6.3 KVM test
platform. It is an LG E2251 22in letterbox format screen whereas the
unit it replaces was a 17" standard format display. The console
messages now look as through they were output on Silly Putty.

The display itself displays a message to set the resolution to 1920 x
1080. I have found references to using the vga option in the
grub.conf file. However, I can find no comprehensive list of what
value to use. The references I have found actually say "see the
source code in the Linux kernel tree", which does not strike me as
particularly "user friendly" shall we say.

How do I do this or am I condemned to rubber band output.
--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241