FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-10-2012, 11:25 PM
"Hakan"
 
Default Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
might know better?

Thanks.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-11-2012, 09:58 AM
John Doe
 
Default Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

From: Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com>

> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
> might know better?

Maybe try http://gmane.org/rss.php

JD
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Les Mikesell
 
Default Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com> wrote:
> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
> might know better?
>

There is an rss icon at the bottom of the main forum page that sort-of
works in google reader:
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/rss.php
But I don't think it is particularly useful - you only get a couple of
lines of each posting.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-11-2012, 09:44 PM
"Hakan"
 
Default Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

Yes, I had found it and was surprised that the forums are not
accessible as newsfeeds.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:47:40 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com> wrote:
>> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
>> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
>> might know better?
>>
>
>There is an rss icon at the bottom of the main forum page that sort-of
>works in google reader:
>https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/rss.php
>But I don't think it is particularly useful - you only get a couple of
>lines of each posting.
>
>--
> Les Mikesell
> lesmikesell@gmail.com
>_______________________________________________
>CentOS mailing list
>CentOS@centos.org
>http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 PM
"Hakan"
 
Default Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

Seems to be for mailing lists, not for various forums?

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 02:58:48 -0700 (PDT), John Doe wrote:

>From: Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com>
>
>> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
>> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
>> might know better?
>
>Maybe try http://gmane.org/rss.php
>
>JD
>_______________________________________________
>CentOS mailing list
>CentOS@centos.org
>http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 AM
John Doe
 
Default Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

From: Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com>

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 02:58:48 -0700 (PDT), John Doe wrote:
>>From: Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com>
>>> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
>>> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
>>> might know better?
>>Maybe try http://gmane.org/rss.php
>Seems to be for mailing lists, not for various forums?

Sorry, I read "signed up for the mailing lists" and thought you wanted feeds for them.
What is the problem with the rss button in the forums...?* It does not work?


JD

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Les Mikesell
 
Default Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> Sorry, I read "signed up for the mailing lists" and thought you wanted feeds for them.
> What is the problem with the rss button in the forums...? It does not work?

You only get a couple of lines of the post in the feed. It is OK for
watching for activity but not useful for reading under a feed
aggregator like google reader, etc.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org