-   -   Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/702548-centos-forums-available-rss-feeds.html)

"Hakan" 09-10-2012 11:25 PM

Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
might know better?

Thanks.

John Doe 09-11-2012 09:58 AM

Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

From: Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com>

> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
> might know better?

Maybe try http://gmane.org/rss.php

JD

Les Mikesell 09-11-2012 08:47 PM

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com> wrote:
> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
> might know better?

There is an rss icon at the bottom of the main forum page that sort-of
works in google reader:
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/rss.php
But I don't think it is particularly useful - you only get a couple of
lines of each posting.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

"Hakan" 09-11-2012 09:44 PM

Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

Yes, I had found it and was surprised that the forums are not
accessible as newsfeeds.

"Hakan" 09-11-2012 09:48 PM

Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

Seems to be for mailing lists, not for various forums?

John Doe 09-12-2012 08:50 AM

Are the CentOS forums available as RSS feeds?

From: Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com>

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 02:58:48 -0700 (PDT), John Doe wrote:
>>From: Hakan <agents@meddatainc.com>
>>> Newcomer to CentOS, have signed up for the mailing lists and tried
>>> unsuccessfully to find newsfeeds for the forums. Hoping someone here
>>> might know better?
>>Maybe try http://gmane.org/rss.php
>Seems to be for mailing lists, not for various forums?

Sorry, I read "signed up for the mailing lists" and thought you wanted feeds for them.
What is the problem with the rss button in the forums...?* It does not work?

JD

Les Mikesell 09-12-2012 05:10 PM

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 3:50 AM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I read "signed up for the mailing lists" and thought you wanted feeds for them.
> What is the problem with the rss button in the forums...? It does not work?

You only get a couple of lines of the post in the feed. It is OK for
watching for activity but not useful for reading under a feed
aggregator like google reader, etc.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com