Old 09-10-2012, 08:39 PM
"John J. Boyer"

Default Need versions of automake and autoconf not in repository

I have the latest updates to CentOS 5.6. However, I need different
versions of autoconf and automake. How can this be handled? What will
happen on later updates? Currently I have

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59

automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6

I need

autoconf 2.69-1 and automake 1.11.6.

Thanks,
John
Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA

----- End forwarded message -----

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA

Old 09-10-2012, 09:14 PM
"James A. Peltier"

I use the environmental modules to provide software that isn't provided by the base OS. http://modules.sf.net will be a good start. You can also look at building your own versions regardless if you choose to implement modules to wrap on top

| I have the latest updates to CentOS 5.6. However, I need different
| versions of autoconf and automake. How can this be handled? What will
| happen on later updates? Currently I have
|
| autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
|
| automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
|
| I need
|
| autoconf 2.69-1 and automake 1.11.6.
|
| Thanks,
| John
| --
| John J. Boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
| Abilitiessoft, Inc.
| http://www.abilitiessoft.com
| Madison, Wisconsin USA
| Developing software for people with disabilities
|
| For a description of the software, to download it and links to
| project pages go to http://www.abilitiessoft.com
|
| ----- End forwarded message -----
|
| --
| John J. Boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
| Abilitiessoft, Inc.
| http://www.abilitiessoft.com
| Madison, Wisconsin USA
| Developing software for people with disabilities

James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
Phone : 778-782-6573
Fax : 778-782-3045
E-Mail : jpeltier@sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
in life but as by the obstacles they have overcome. - Booker T. Washington