Old 04-15-2008, 02:43 PM
"Ross S. W. Walker"

Default NIS libuser and auto-make of maps

I have my
NIS user/group files separate from the system user/group
files using
libuser to manage them and that works well, but I am
trying to
find a way to get libuser to invoke a 'make' of the NIS
maps
whenever it updates the master files. Is there a routine I
can
configure in libuser to do this, or am I stuck having to do
it by
cron?
*
Ross S. W. Walker
Information
Systems Manager
Medallion Financial, Corp.
437 Madison Avenue
38th
Floor
New York, NY 10022
Tel: (212) 328-2165
Fax: (212)
328-2125
WWW: http://www.medallion.com

*

Old 04-15-2008, 03:33 PM
"Jason Pyeron"

We use 5* cron too.

*

-***********
************************************************** *-

- Jason
Pyeron*********************
PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -

- Principal
Consultant*************
10 West 24th Street #100***
-

- +1 (443)
269-1555 x333********* **Baltimore, Maryland
21218** -

-************************************************** ************
-

*

This message is
for the designated recipient only and may contain

privileged,
proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you

have received it
in error, purge the message from your system and

notify the sender
immediately.* Any other use of the email by you

is prohibited.

*

user/group files separate from the system user/group

files using libuser to manage them and that works
well, but I am

trying to find a way to get libuser to invoke a
'make' of the NIS

maps whenever it updates the master files. Is there
a routine I

can configure in libuser to do this, or am I stuck
having to do

it by cron?

*

Ross S. W. Walker

Information Systems Manager

Medallion Financial, Corp.

437 Madison Avenue

38th Floor

New York, NY
10022

Tel: (212) 328-2165

Fax: (212) 328-2125

WWW: http://www.medallion.com

*

the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original and any copy or printout thereof.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:20 PM
"Ross S. W. Walker"

Jason Pyeron wrote:

> Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> >
> > I have my NIS user/group files separate from the system user/group
> > files using libuser to manage them and that works well, but I am
> > trying to find a way to get libuser to invoke a 'make' of the NIS
> > maps whenever it updates the master files. Is there a routine I
> > can configure in libuser to do this, or am I stuck having to do
> > it by cron?
>
> We use 5* cron too.

So every 5 minutes, well I do it every 15 now, but it would
be nice to have libuser kick off a 'make' 'push' everytime
the user/group database is modified. It would save a lot of
pushing of maps unnecessarily.

-Ross

Old 04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
"Jason Pyeron"

Sorry no I meant a 5 star cron job = * * * * *

- -