Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Rajagopal Swaminathan

Default Fwd: centos email server suddenly much slower. What to do?

Greetings,

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Marco Fioretti
<marco.fioretti@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry, didn't realize I had not sent it to the list too.
>
> I have ran the command again several times, and now it is much slower,
> ~30/40 msec

Innocent, ignorant, curious ramble:

I understand it has something to do with MX records...

Dunno if it will help.. Will setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 help?

or will it require payment to google?

Recently in India, there were issues with DNS.

Rajagopal

Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Les Mikesell

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Marco Fioretti <marco.fioretti@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Pretty slow my dig to the same server ran in 113 msec
>>

> yes, >2 seconds seemed high to me too. But what does this mean? What
> can the reason be?

It could be your VM's problem if every operation is slow. 1 gig isn't
much RAM these days and that is the obvious thing to fix. If the DNS
server is responding quickly to others (I see about 200msec in the
US), then it probably isn't the root cause of your problem.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com