Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM
John Doe

Default Booting and ignoring sysct.conf...

Hi,

just wondering if there was a way to boot while ignoring sysctl.conf...
A colleague messed up one parameter, that ended up crashing the server at boot time.

Booting in single was not helping.

Fixed it by booting on a live CD and modifying the sysctl file but, it would be convenient to know if there was a kernel parameter to add to the grub entry or something to bypass it...

But I see it is run in /etc/init.d/functions, so maybe it is not avoidable.

Thx,
JD

Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago