-   -   Booting and ignoring sysct.conf... (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/700807-booting-ignoring-sysct-conf.html)

John Doe 09-05-2012 02:23 PM

Booting and ignoring sysct.conf...

Hi,

just wondering if there was a way to boot while ignoring sysctl.conf...
A colleague messed up one parameter, that ended up crashing the server at boot time.

Booting in single was not helping.

Fixed it by booting on a live CD and modifying the sysctl file but, it would be convenient to know if there was a kernel parameter to add to the grub entry or something to bypass it...

But I see it is run in /etc/init.d/functions, so maybe it is not avoidable.

Thx,
JD

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago 09-05-2012 02:44 PM

Booting and ignoring sysct.conf...

init=/bin/bash?

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago -- http://softwarelivre.net

John Doe 09-05-2012 04:00 PM