Old 09-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Jacob Hydeman

Default Recover software raid 10 on CentOS 6.3

The setup is 4 1TB drives running RAID10. I was using the Gnome Disk
Utility to verify the integrity of the array (which is a 500MB mirrored md0
and the rest a R10 md1).

I believe one of the drives is bad but prior to the system going offline it
showed that 2 drives were detached from the array but healthy. A reboot
results in a panic complaining that not enough mirrors are available.

Is there a method to mount this array from a live CD so I can export the VM
images. I have backups of the important ones but I'd lose 18 hours of data
and a new PBX VM that was just finished but not backed up yet.

I've been reading and testing various suggestions from the web but until I
get this unit back up all phones and E-Mail are down, which leads to a
slight panic, which makes it difficult to read and understand

The backup server is at another location so I'm trying to recover first.

Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob

Old 09-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Jacob Hydeman

It's been fixed. The drives were ok but nothing would reassemble. The
drives were marked as faulty so I followed the suggestions here:
http://anders.com/cms/411/Linux/Software.RAID/inactive/mdadm

Thanks!