-   -   OpenMPI I/O not working (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/699343-openmpi-i-o-not-working.html)

Cihan Altinay 08-31-2012 02:54 AM

OpenMPI I/O not working

Hi list,

It appears there is a problem with the OpenMPI I/O library on CentOS 6.2
& 6.3 (package openmpi-1.5.4-1.el6.x86_64).

When I compile the attached program it ends up in the error path since
MPI_File_open returns 16. The corresponding (unhelpful) message is:

MPI_ERR_OTHER: known error not in list

I couldn't find any pointers on the net and the same program works with
OpenMPI 1.4.5 on a debian system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Cihan

Cihan Altinay 08-31-2012 02:56 AM

OpenMPI I/O not working

Looks like the attachment got stripped. Here's the code:
$ cat test.c
#include <mpi.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
MPI_File handle;
MPI_Info mpi_info = MPI_INFO_NULL;
char fname[] = "/tmp/test.csv";
int amode = MPI_MODE_CREATE|MPI_MODE_WRONLY|MPI_MODE_UNIQUE_OP EN;
int ierr;

MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);

ierr = MPI_File_open(MPI_COMM_WORLD, fname, amode, mpi_info, &handle);
if (ierr != MPI_SUCCESS)
{
char err[MPI_MAX_ERROR_STRING];
int errlen;
MPI_Error_string(ierr, err, &errlen);
printf("%s
", err);
} else {
MPI_File_close(&handle);
}
MPI_Finalize();
return 0;
}
/* END */

Thanks,
Cihan

--
Cihan Altinay
The University of Queensland Email:c.altinay@uq.edu.au

Cihan Altinay 08-31-2012 05:56 AM

OpenMPI I/O not working

Hello again,

I dug a bit deeper and found that the default IO component (romio) is
not built due to an autoconf issue I don't understand.
It looks like some macros in ompi/mca/io/romio/romio/configure are not
expanded/substituted.

Thomas Göttgens 08-31-2012 07:46 AM

OpenMPI I/O not working

In this case it's best to file a bug report against the package on
http://bugs.centos.org

Cihan Altinay 09-02-2012 12:31 PM

OpenMPI I/O not working

Done. Thanks Thomas.