Old 04-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Jerry Geis

Default yum update did not complete

I was doing a yum update today.
It downloaded all the packages.
was doing the next part and my remote connection was lost.
so ssh session was killed.

When I logged back in I am not sure if the update is done or not. I
presume not.

I presume it died with my remote session.

I do a yum update now and it returns as if there is nothing to update.
last I saw it was 30 out of 312 in the installation section.

What next?

Jerry

Old 04-15-2008, 01:05 AM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>I do a yum update now and it returns as if there is nothing to update.
>last I saw it was 30 out of 312 in the installation section.
>
>What next?

Check /var/log/yum.log and look at the time/dates of what was/was not done.

jlc

Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 AM
"William L. Maltby"

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 20:55 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I was doing a yum update today.
> It downloaded all the packages.
> was doing the next part and my remote connection was lost.
> so ssh session was killed.
>
> When I logged back in I am not sure if the update is done or not. I
> presume not.
> I presume it died with my remote session.
>
> I do a yum update now and it returns as if there is nothing to update.
> last I saw it was 30 out of 312 in the installation section.
>
> What next?

IIRC, "rpm -qa --last >/tmp/<somefile" will give the information you
need.

> Jerry
> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--
Bill

Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 AM
"Daniel de Kok"

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:
> was doing the next part and my remote connection was lost.
> so ssh session was killed.
>
> When I logged back in I am not sure if the update is done or not. I presume
> not.

This is a very good reason to use 'screen' .

-- Daniel

Old 04-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Scott Silva

on 4-15-2008 2:30 AM Daniel de Kok spake the following:

was doing the next part and my remote connection was lost.
so ssh session was killed.

When I logged back in I am not sure if the update is done or not. I presume
not.

This is a very good reason to use 'screen' .

I have been burned by this also. Screen makes it much safer to run the updates.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and