-   -   CentOS 6 vs. other RHEL clones: security advisory comparison (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/695850-centos-6-vs-other-rhel-clones-security-advisory-comparison.html)

Janne Snabb 08-20-2012 12:02 PM

CentOS 6 vs. other RHEL clones: security advisory comparison

Hello,

I made some statistics and comparisons about security advisories
published by three popular RHEL 6 clones: CentOS 6, Oracle Linux 6 and
Scientific Linux 6.

The article is available at the following URL:

http://bitrate.epipe.com/rhel-vs-centos-scientific-oracle-linux-6_187

I hope you find it interesting. Looks like CentOS has been doing quite
well this year in this regard.

Feedback is welcome, but please post it at the bottom of the article or
to myself in private. Do *not* send it to this mailing list unless your
message is specifically about CentOS. Please do not start a flame war on
this mailing list.

In case the graphs are not visible in your browser, you should start
using a browser which supports current technologies (specifically: SVG
graphics).

Best Regards,
--
Janne Snabb / EPIPE Communications
snabb@epipe.com - http://epipe.com/

Johnny Hughes 08-20-2012 04:37 PM

On 08/20/2012 07:02 AM, Janne Snabb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made some statistics and comparisons about security advisories
> published by three popular RHEL 6 clones: CentOS 6, Oracle Linux 6 and
> Scientific Linux 6.
>
> The article is available at the following URL:
>
> http://bitrate.epipe.com/rhel-vs-centos-scientific-oracle-linux-6_187
>
> I hope you find it interesting. Looks like CentOS has been doing quite
> well this year in this regard.
>
> Feedback is welcome, but please post it at the bottom of the article or
> to myself in private. Do *not* send it to this mailing list unless your
> message is specifically about CentOS. Please do not start a flame war on
> this mailing list.
>
> In case the graphs are not visible in your browser, you should start
> using a browser which supports current technologies (specifically: SVG
> graphics).

Would you keep doing this every quarter :-D

I was working on one of these ... I would like to have one to publish
every quarter.