Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 PM
suheng

Default Monitor speed between client and server, netperf?

Hi,

Want to know what is the best tools to monitor network connection
speed between client PC and my server. As I need to know if the network
latency.
I know use zabbix to monitor CPU/member and others of server. However,
1. For the connection speed monitor is there any tools can do this?
2. I tried netperf, it's good. I have to write a cron job in my
client PC to report the speed? is this a correct way to do?
3. If use netperf and cron job do connection speed test every 5
mins, is that impact my server network throughput as I guess it is
sending really data between server and client.
Could you help to point me a right way to move on, thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Su Heng

Old 08-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Diego Sanchez

Try with smokeping if you want to know latency.

2012/8/17, suheng <ste.suheng@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Want to know what is the best tools to monitor network connection
> speed between client PC and my server. As I need to know if the network
> latency.
> I know use zabbix to monitor CPU/member and others of server. However,
> 1. For the connection speed monitor is there any tools can do this?
> 2. I tried netperf, it's good. I have to write a cron job in my
> client PC to report the speed? is this a correct way to do?
> 3. If use netperf and cron job do connection speed test every 5
> mins, is that impact my server network throughput as I guess it is
> sending really data between server and client.
> Could you help to point me a right way to move on, thank you very much.
>
> Best Regards,
> Su Heng

Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Diego - Yo no soy paranoico! (pero que me siguen, me siguen)