Old 08-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Jerry Geis

Default copy/paste centos 6

I had to update all these packages on CentOS 6 for a project.
Everything works great on CentOS 6 - except - Copy/Paste between
applications.

Anyone - know which application below might control that function?
Example I cannot have firefox running and copy and paste text into
thunderbird.
Both applications - actually all applications work - I just cant copy/paste.

I'm thinking I did not correctly compile one of the applications below -
or did not
satisfy a dependency. I am just trying to narrow it down.

Any one have insight into this?

Thanks - Jerry

atk-1.32.0.tar.gz
autoconf-2.68.tar.gz
cairo-1.10.0.tar.gz
dbus-glib-0.92.tar.gz
flex-2.5.35.tar.gz
fontconfig-2.8.0.tar.gz
gdk-pixbuf-2.22.1.tar.gz
gettext-0.18.1.1.tar.gz
glib-2.27.5.tar.gz
gmime-2.5.4.tar.gz
gnome-desktop-2.32.1.tar.bz2
gnome-icon-theme-2.31.0.tar.bz2
gnome-vfs-2.24.4.tar.gz
gnutls-2.10.4.tar.bz2
gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23.tar.gz
gst-plugins-base-0.10.36.tar.gz
gst-plugins-good-0.10.31.tar.gz
gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.19.tar.gz
gstreamer-0.10.36.tar.gz
gst-rtsp-server-0.10.8.tar.bz2
gtk+-2.23.3.tar.gz
gtk-doc-1.15.tar.gz
gtk-engines-2.20.2.tar.gz
intltool-0.40.6.tar.gz
libogg-1.1.4.tar.gz
liboil-0.3.17.tar.gz
libpng-1.4.4.tar.gz
libproxy-0.2.3.tar.bz2
libsoup-2.32.2.tar.gz
libtheora-1.1.1.tar.bz2
libtool-2.4.tar.gz
libunique-1.1.6.tar.gz
libvorbis-1.2.3.tar.gz
m4-1.4.15.tar.gz
metacity-2.34.0.tar.gz
orc-0.4.11.tar.gz
pango-1.28.3.tar.gz
pixman-0.21.2.tar.gz
shared-mime-info-0.90.tar.bz2
totem-2.30.2.tar.gz
totem-pl-parser-2.32.1.tar.gz
xvidcore-1.2.2.tar.gz

Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 AM
Yves Bellefeuille

On Wednesday 15 August 2012, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:

>I had to update all these packages on CentOS 6 for a project.
>Everything works great on CentOS 6 - except - Copy/Paste between
>applications.
>
>Anyone - know which application below might control that function?

Perhaps xclipboard from xorg-x11-apps.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>
"Simply put, E=mc^2 is liberal claptrap." -- Conservapedia.com

Old 08-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Jerry Geis

On 08/15/2012 10:22 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I had to update all these packages on CentOS 6 for a project.
> Everything works great on CentOS 6 - except - Copy/Paste between
> applications.
>
> Anyone - know which application below might control that function?
> Example I cannot have firefox running and copy and paste text into
> thunderbird.
> Both applications - actually all applications work - I just cant
> copy/paste.
>
> I'm thinking I did not correctly compile one of the applications below
> - or did not
> satisfy a dependency. I am just trying to narrow it down.
>
> Any one have insight into this?
>
> Thanks - Jerry
>
> atk-1.32.0.tar.gz
> autoconf-2.68.tar.gz
> cairo-1.10.0.tar.gz
> dbus-glib-0.92.tar.gz
> flex-2.5.35.tar.gz
> fontconfig-2.8.0.tar.gz
> gdk-pixbuf-2.22.1.tar.gz
> gettext-0.18.1.1.tar.gz
> glib-2.27.5.tar.gz
> gmime-2.5.4.tar.gz
> gnome-desktop-2.32.1.tar.bz2
> gnome-icon-theme-2.31.0.tar.bz2
> gnome-vfs-2.24.4.tar.gz
> gnutls-2.10.4.tar.bz2
> gst-plugins-bad-0.10.23.tar.gz
> gst-plugins-base-0.10.36.tar.gz
> gst-plugins-good-0.10.31.tar.gz
> gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.19.tar.gz
> gstreamer-0.10.36.tar.gz
> gst-rtsp-server-0.10.8.tar.bz2
> gtk+-2.23.3.tar.gz
> gtk-doc-1.15.tar.gz
> gtk-engines-2.20.2.tar.gz
> intltool-0.40.6.tar.gz
> libogg-1.1.4.tar.gz
> liboil-0.3.17.tar.gz
> libpng-1.4.4.tar.gz
> libproxy-0.2.3.tar.bz2
> libsoup-2.32.2.tar.gz
> libtheora-1.1.1.tar.bz2
> libtool-2.4.tar.gz
> libunique-1.1.6.tar.gz
> libvorbis-1.2.3.tar.gz
> m4-1.4.15.tar.gz
> metacity-2.34.0.tar.gz
> orc-0.4.11.tar.gz
> pango-1.28.3.tar.gz
> pixman-0.21.2.tar.gz
> shared-mime-info-0.90.tar.bz2
> totem-2.30.2.tar.gz
> totem-pl-parser-2.32.1.tar.gz
> xvidcore-1.2.2.tar.gz

All - I looked at xclipboard it was not the issue.

the issue was gtk+2.32.3 , I backed off to 2.32.2 and it works as normal
again.

Thanks,

Jerry