Old 08-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Lars Hecking

Default CentOS6 and netboot

Is there any chance the system-config-netboot* rpms upstream removed from
CentOS6 could be provided in extras? The CentOS5 SRPM builds cleanly under
CentOS6, and upstream's workaround is insufficient as it only covers
diskless clients, not helpful if you need pxeos.

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/nfs-diskless-systems.html

Old 08-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 08/13/2012 10:44 AM, Lars Hecking wrote:
> Is there any chance the system-config-netboot* rpms upstream removed from
> CentOS6 could be provided in extras? The CentOS5 SRPM builds cleanly under
> CentOS6, and upstream's workaround is insufficient as it only covers
> diskless clients, not helpful if you need pxeos.
>
> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/nfs-diskless-systems.html

Can you tell me what you want rebuilt and where I would find it?

The only thing CentOS removes that Red Hat includes is things that
specifically are RHN centric. We don't build those for obvious reasons.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Lars Hecking

> > https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/nfs-diskless-systems.html
>
> Can you tell me what you want rebuilt and where I would find it?

http://vault.centos.org/5.8/os/SRPMS/system-config-netboot-0.1.45.1-3.el5.src.rpm

This SRPM creates both system-config-netboot and system-config-netboot-cmd.
I would like to see those available for CentOS6 if you feel it's a useful
addition. Otherwise I'd maintain my own.

> The only thing CentOS removes that Red Hat includes is things that
> specifically are RHN centric. We don't build those for obvious reasons.

Sure, I understand that. But these packages have been removed by upstream.
They are no longer included after EL5.