FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-13-2012, 04:25 AM
Gregory Machin
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

Hi.

I'm look for an enterprise quality Anti-virus / Malware for my Linux
machines . Mostly Ubuntu on the desktop, CentOS and RHEL servers. I
must have real time scanning, on demand scanning, and centralized
management.

Is there anything out there that can do this ?

GM
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Frank Cox
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:25:02 +1200
Gregory Machin wrote:

> I'm look for an enterprise quality Anti-virus / Malware for my Linux
> machines . Mostly Ubuntu on the desktop, CentOS and RHEL servers. I
> must have real time scanning, on demand scanning, and centralized
> management.
>
> Is there anything out there that can do this ?

What are you planning to scan for? Windows viruses on a mailserver?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-13-2012, 04:43 AM
Fernando Cassia
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM, Gregory Machin <gdm@linuxpro.co.za> wrote:
> Is there anything out there that can do this ?

for desktops, free
http://free.avg.com/us-en/download.prd-alf

for severs, not cheap
http://www.avg.com/ww-en/avg-linux-email-server-edition

not sure if any provides what you call "centralized management" -
whatever that means...

FC
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Birta Levente
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

On 13/08/2012 07:25, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm look for an enterprise quality Anti-virus / Malware for my Linux
> machines . Mostly Ubuntu on the desktop, CentOS and RHEL servers. I
> must have real time scanning, on demand scanning, and centralized
> management.
>
> Is there anything out there that can do this ?
>
> GM
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>

I think eset for business is cover all your needs. I use it more than 4
years (mostly on windows, but from 2 years ago on 2 linux machines too).
The remote administration is really good. But it's not cheap

Levi




_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Ashkan Rahmani
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

Try kaspersky
It's best one

———
Ashkan R
On Aug 13, 2012 8:55 AM, "Gregory Machin" <gdm@linuxpro.co.za> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm look for an enterprise quality Anti-virus / Malware for my Linux
> machines . Mostly Ubuntu on the desktop, CentOS and RHEL servers. I
> must have real time scanning, on demand scanning, and centralized
> management.
>
> Is there anything out there that can do this ?
>
> GM
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Gregory Machin
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

Hi.

Thanks for the feed back.

To clarify , all viruses / Malware no matter to the OS ... A user
downloads (Web site, USB , cd rom , etc) an infected file via his
Linux machine , the infected file only attacks M$ OS's .... User saves
the file to a samba share .. a windows user opens the file bang ...
Stop the virus at the entry point.

Centralized management , view the status of all machine that have AV
software installed , are they up to date, when did the last run a scan
, alerts if they have found a virus etc ...

Thanks

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Ashkan Rahmani <ashkan82r@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try kaspersky
> It's best one
>
> ———
> Ashkan R
> On Aug 13, 2012 8:55 AM, "Gregory Machin" <gdm@linuxpro.co.za> wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm look for an enterprise quality Anti-virus / Malware for my Linux
>> machines . Mostly Ubuntu on the desktop, CentOS and RHEL servers. I
>> must have real time scanning, on demand scanning, and centralized
>> management.
>>
>> Is there anything out there that can do this ?
>>
>> GM
>> _______________________________________________
>> CentOS mailing list
>> CentOS@centos.org
>> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Nux!
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

On 13.08.2012 22:46, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for the feed back.

Why not Clamav?
It has othe n-access thingy as well.
http://www.clamav.net/doc/latest/html/node21.html

--
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

Nux!
www.nux.ro
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Birta Levente
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

On 14/08/2012 00:46, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for the feed back.
>
> To clarify , all viruses / Malware no matter to the OS ... A user
> downloads (Web site, USB , cd rom , etc) an infected file via his
> Linux machine , the infected file only attacks M$ OS's .... User saves
> the file to a samba share .. a windows user opens the file bang ...
> Stop the virus at the entry point.
>
> Centralized management , view the status of all machine that have AV
> software installed , are they up to date, when did the last run a scan
> , alerts if they have found a virus etc ...
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Ashkan Rahmani <ashkan82r@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Try kaspersky
>> It's best one
>>
>> ———
>> Ashkan R
>> On Aug 13, 2012 8:55 AM, "Gregory Machin" <gdm@linuxpro.co.za> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> I'm look for an enterprise quality Anti-virus / Malware for my Linux
>>> machines . Mostly Ubuntu on the desktop, CentOS and RHEL servers. I
>>> must have real time scanning, on demand scanning, and centralized
>>> management.
>>>
>>> Is there anything out there that can do this ?
>>>
>>> GM
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> CentOS mailing list
>>> CentOS@centos.org
>>> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> CentOS mailing list
>> CentOS@centos.org
>> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
Exactly .... eset for business cover all ... with remote admin even can
remote install, fire scan, statistics and more, more ...

Levi




_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 AM
William Warren
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

On 8/13/2012 12:25 AM, Gregory Machin wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm look for an enterprise quality Anti-virus / Malware for my Linux
> machines . Mostly Ubuntu on the desktop, CentOS and RHEL servers. I
> must have real time scanning, on demand scanning, and centralized
> management.
>
> Is there anything out there that can do this ?
>
> GM
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
I'm not a fan of anti-crud on servers. Put an astaro security gateway
in front of your network and let it scan everything before it gets to
your internal devices
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 AM
John R Pierce
 
Default Good Anti-virus for Linux desktops and servers

On 08/14/12 2:02 AM, William Warren wrote:
> I'm not a fan of anti-crud on servers. Put an astaro security gateway
> in front of your network and let it scan everything before it gets to
> your internal devices

how would that scan malware injected or downloaded from https?



--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org