Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Robert Arkiletian

Default Partition # does not end on cylinder boundary.

Running CentOS 6.3
Areca hardware raid 10

fdisk -l

reports multiple partitions with the following description.
"Partition # does not end on cylinder boundary."

Disks are 512 byte sector size.
Raid stripe size is 64K.

but if I use

fdisk -lc
(-c Switch off DOS-compatible mode. )
I don't get any warnings.

Should I reinstall? (performance hit?)

--
Robert Arkiletian

Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Nux!

On 10.08.2012 00:27, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> Running CentOS 6.3
> Areca hardware raid 10
>
> fdisk -l
>
> reports multiple partitions with the following description.
> "Partition # does not end on cylinder boundary."
>
> Disks are 512 byte sector size.
> Raid stripe size is 64K.
>
> but if I use
>
> fdisk -lc
> (-c Switch off DOS-compatible mode. )
> I don't get any warnings.
>
> Should I reinstall? (performance hit?)

No, that warning can be safely ignored. See for example this:
http://3www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37197&forum=55

Nux!
www.nux.ro