Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Götz Reinicke

Default bonding and ifcfg config

Hi,

I'd like to bond two existing interfaces and checked the RH EL 6.3 [1] doc.

Comparing the current settings of e.g. eth0 to the example config in the
docs I wonder what options I still have to use/copy and which I can drop.

e.g. what should happen to my RH 6.3 eth0 settings not in the docs?

DNS1="............"
GATEWAY="........."
HWADDR=".........."
NM_CONTROLLED="..."
TYPE="............"
UUID="............"

Thanks for any suggestion and best regards . Götz

[1]
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/s2-networkscripts-interfaces-chan.html
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/sec-Using_Channel_Bonding.html
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: