Old 08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Tim Nelson

Default Samba - Allow writing of files, but not creation of new folders?!?

Greetings- Sorry for the slightly OT post, although this does concern implementation on a CentOS 5 or 6 server.

Long story short, is it possible to configure Samba such that specific users are able to have 'normal' read/write access on a share, but not the ability to create new *folders*?

I researched this in the past, and I seem to remember something related to ACLs or similar, but I'm not finding it now and my attempts at finding info via the Samba direct resources are coming up dry.

Any thoughts?

--Tim