Old 08-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default amanda backup

Hi,

Is there a step by step guide to configure amanda server and client on
CentOS and backup on hard drive?

Regards

Kaushal

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM
John Doe

From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>

> Is there a step by step guide to configure amanda server and client on
> CentOS and backup on hard drive?

What do you mean by "step by step"...?
Something like that?
1. On server: yum install amanda-server
2. On client: yum install amanda-client
3. Google for "amanda backup to disk"

JD

Old 08-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Ross Cavanagh

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>
>
> > Is there a step by step guide to configure amanda server and client on
> > CentOS and backup on hard drive?
>
> What do you mean by "step by step"...?
> Something like that?
> 1. On server: yum install amanda-server
> 2. On client: yum install amanda-client
> 3. Google for "amanda backup to disk"
>
> JD

I remember looking over this back some time ago -->
http://www.zmanda.com/quick-backup-setup.html

But it's not OS specific, just about the software. But I guess a google
search may have shown you this anyway.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Rajagopal Swaminathan

Greetings,

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a step by step guide to configure amanda server and client on
> CentOS and backup on hard drive?

I had deployed a solution waaay back in 2008 for about 10 XP boxes, 25
fedora boxes to a centos box having a dedicated HDD for holding all
the vtapes. Of course the infrastructure had DNS, CVS good network and
the such.

Can you be more detailed and specific on what you want to achieve?

Rajagopal

Old 08-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Helmut Drodofsky

Hi,