Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Paolo De Michele

Default - problem install skype

Hi all,

I am having trouble with installing skype.
I downloaded the 2.2 version via the official site, I installed by
typing rpm-i but now quadno the launch the application does not start.

do you know how to fix it?
thanks in advance

Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 AM
John Doe

From: Paolo De Michele <paolo@paolodemichele.it>

> I am having trouble with installing skype.
> I downloaded the 2.2 version via the official site, I installed by
> typing rpm-i but now quadno the launch the application does not start.
> do you know how to fix it?

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype

JD

Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Andreas Reschke

centos-bounces@centos.org schrieb am 02.08.2012 12:04:57:

> John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com>
> Gesendet von: centos-bounces@centos.org
>
> 02.08.2012 12:05
>
> Bitte antworten an
> CentOS mailing list <centos@centos.org>
>
> An

> Kopie
>
> Thema
>
> Re: [CentOS] [CentOS 6] - problem install skype
>
> From: Paolo De Michele <paolo@paolodemichele.it>
>
> > I am having trouble with installing skype.
> > I downloaded the 2.2 version via the official site, I installed by
> > typing rpm-i but now quadno the launch the application does not start.
> > do you know how to fix it?
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype
>
> JD

Hello Paolo,
can you send more inforamtion? CentOS 5/6? 32/64 Bit? Errors?

I work with skype (rpm) on CentOS6 x86_64 with no problems.

Andreas

Old 08-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Paolo De Michele

On 08/02/2012 12:08 PM, Andreas Reschke wrote:

> centos-bounces@centos.org schrieb am 02.08.2012 12:04:57:
>
> > John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com>
> > Gesendet von: centos-bounces@centos.org
> >
> > 02.08.2012 12:05
> >
> > Bitte antworten an
> > CentOS mailing list <centos@centos.org>
> >
> > An

> > Kopie
> >
> > Thema
> >
> > Re: [CentOS] [CentOS 6] - problem install skype
> >
> > From: Paolo De Michele <paolo@paolodemichele.it>
> >
> > > I am having trouble with installing skype.
> > > I downloaded the 2.2 version via the official site, I installed by
> > > typing rpm-i but now quadno the launch the application does not start.
> > > do you know how to fix it?
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype
> >
> > JD
>
> Hello Paolo,
> can you send more inforamtion? CentOS 5/6? 32/64 Bit? Errors?
>
> I work with skype (rpm) on CentOS6 x86_64 with no problems.
>
> Andreas

Hello Andreas,

incorrect version that was installed previously.
I followed this tutorial (
http://www.nux.ro/archive/2011/05/Install_Skype_in_EL6__RHEL_6__Scientificlinux_6__C entos_6_.html
)and I solved it.

thanks for the support