Old 08-01-2012, 02:36 PM
"Paul A"

Default centos 4.9 + ip6tables

Hi I have an old server running centos 4.9 and recently I added ipv6
connectivity to it, however I wanted to use iptables to restrict access like
im doing over ipv4. I tried using yum to install ip6tables but that's not
available on the repo. I'm trying to figure out what my options are, how do
you guys recommend I go about installing ip6tables. I guess I could upgrade
the server from 4.9 to 5.x but I heard this could cause issues with things
already installed and I have never done an upgrade like this. This is a
server running chroot bind compiled manually. My other option is to use an
ACL on the router the server connects to but I really wanted to get
ip6tables on there.

Paul