Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/689323-enabling-selinux-5-8-32bit.html)

Keith Roberts 07-31-2012 08:49 PM

Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit
 
If I change SELinux from disabled to enabled (or permissive
first) will it take long to rebuild the SEL labels on about
250GB file system?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

-----------------------------------------------------------
Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

All email addresses are challenge-response protected with
TMDA [http://tmda.net]
-----------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

07-31-2012 08:54 PM

Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit
 
Keith Roberts wrote:
> If I change SELinux from disabled to enabled (or permissive
> first) will it take long to rebuild the SEL labels on about
> 250GB file system?

Go to permissive, and relabel parts yourself, like /usr, /home, then touch
/.autorelabel and reboot.

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Keith Roberts 07-31-2012 11:33 PM

Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit
 
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> To: CentOS mailing list <centos@centos.org>
> From: m.roth@5-cent.us
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit
>
> Keith Roberts wrote:
>> If I change SELinux from disabled to enabled (or permissive
>> first) will it take long to rebuild the SEL labels on about
>> 250GB file system?
>
> Go to permissive, and relabel parts yourself, like /usr, /home, then touch
> /.autorelabel and reboot.

Thanks Marc.

I'm just learning about SEL at the moment, so I want this to
be done correctly by the system itself.

Keith

-----------------------------------------------------------
Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

All email addresses are challenge-response protected with
TMDA [http://tmda.net]
-----------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

John Stanley 08-01-2012 04:19 AM

Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit
 
On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 00:33 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:

It would be 'awsome' if you lost all those SIGs please. It gets
annoying and makes me not want to answer any your questions.

You can't go wrong with this [1], [2]. Dan Walsh has the most up2date
info on SELinux (rhel maintainer) [3]

*Links May Wrap*

[1].
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Security-Enhanced_Linux/index.html
[2].
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/Security-Enhanced_Linux/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Security-Enhanced_Linux-en-US.pdf

[3]. http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Keith Roberts 08-01-2012 07:03 AM

Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit
 
On Wed, 1 Aug 2012, John Stanley wrote:

> To: CentOS mailing list <centos@centos.org>
> From: John Stanley <john.stanley@elslc.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Enabling SELinux on 5.8 32bit
>
> On Wed, 2012-08-01 at 00:33 +0100, Keith Roberts wrote:
>
> It would be 'awsome' if you lost all those SIGs please. It gets
> annoying and makes me not want to answer any your questions.
>
> You can't go wrong with this [1], [2]. Dan Walsh has the most up2date
> info on SELinux (rhel maintainer) [3]
>
> *Links May Wrap*
>
> [1].
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Security-Enhanced_Linux/index.html
> [2].
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/Security-Enhanced_Linux/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-Security-Enhanced_Linux-en-US.pdf
>
> [3]. http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/

Hi John.

Thanks for those pointers.

I'm working my way through [2] now, which I downloaded a few
days ago.

Kind Regards,

Keith
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:17 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.