Old 04-13-2008, 09:20 AM
"hamood Iqbal"

Default mysql install

Hi,

when i try to install mysql-server it gives me mirror error and also
says package does not match the intended download?

what is the issue hear. i already have lampp stack .when i try to
install zenoss it still says that it need mysql although its included
in lampp stack.

Thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Ralph Angenendt

hamood Iqbal wrote:
> when i try to install mysql-server it gives me mirror error and also
> says package does not match the intended download?

*SIGH*

Is it so hard to include a "copy & paste" of the actual error? There
weren't any clairvoyants here last time I looked.

> what is the issue hear. i already have lampp stack .when i try to
> install zenoss it still says that it need mysql although its included
> in lampp stack.

What is the "lampp stack" and how did you install that and how are you
trying to install zenoss and again: What is the actual error?

I absolutely *HATE* stabbing at the dark.

Ralph

Old 04-13-2008, 10:34 AM
"hamood Iqbal"

"package does not match the intended download"

it is the actual error appearing in yumex

apache mysql and php stack from www.apachefriends.org

i am installing zenoss form terminal : rpm -i zenoss-verion.rpm

it says it needs mysql server

Thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 10:48 AM
John R Pierce

hamood Iqbal wrote:

"package does not match the intended download"

it is the actual error appearing in yumex

apache mysql and php stack from www.apachefriends.org

i am installing zenoss form terminal : rpm -i zenoss-verion.rpm

what part of all this is CentOS ?!? Why aren't you using the
apache/mysql/php that are part of centos, or if you must have newer
versions, the centos plus stuff?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Ralph Angenendt

hamood Iqbal wrote:
> "package does not match the intended download"

I'm sure that there is a more complete error available.

> it is the actual error appearing in yumex

Yes, the last line. You wroe something about mirror errors also.

> apache mysql and php stack from www.apachefriends.org

So not from CentOS. Why don't you use the stuff included in CentOS?

> i am installing zenoss form terminal : rpm -i zenoss-verion.rpm
>
> it says it needs mysql server

Yes. How should rpm know about some mysql server you didn't install via
rpm? And again: Why don't you copy and paste the *complete* actual error
message?

Ralph