Old 07-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Götz Reinicke

Default 4 GBit nic bonding new centos 6.3 system with cisco VSS switches - suggestions?

Hi,

I install a new 4 Port GBit Server with centos 6.3 and I'd like to use
nic bonding.

Searching for a good how to pinted to this page:

http://www.how2centos.com/centos-6-channel-bonding/

My question: Is this the current, good way to bond the 4 ports?

The other question: What should I set on the cisco switch for the
Port-channel options?

As far as I understand for performance and redundancy I will use LACP
and balance-alb.

The switches are 6500 VSS so they should act as "one physical device" as
required by LACP.

thanks for any suggestion and comments . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke@filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: