-   -   Can,t get pam_mkhomedir to work... (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/689109-can-t-get-pam_mkhomedir-work.html)

Nicolas Ross 07-31-2012 05:45 AM

Can,t get pam_mkhomedir to work...

On a ldap enabled CentOS 6.3 x64 system, I try to make it so home
directories are auto-created. I added this :

session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0077

to my /etc/pam.d/system-auth

And it does nothing. I restarted messagebus (I've seen references to
that) and sshd, and logs don't mention anything in regards to
pam_mkhomedir...

Any hints ?

Nicolas Ross 07-31-2012 05:46 AM

Nicolas Ross a écrit :
> On a ldap enabled CentOS 6.3 x64 system, I try to make it so home
> directories are auto-created. I added this :
>
> session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0077
>
> to my /etc/pam.d/system-auth
>
> And it does nothing. I restarted messagebus (I've seen references to
> that) and sshd, and logs don't mention anything in regards to
> pam_mkhomedir...

By the way, selinux is disabled.

"James A. Peltier" 07-31-2012 06:22 AM

Can,t get pam_mkhomedir to work...

| On a ldap enabled CentOS 6.3 x64 system, I try to make it so home
| directories are auto-created. I added this :
|
| session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0077
|
| to my /etc/pam.d/system-auth
|
| And it does nothing. I restarted messagebus (I've seen references to
| that) and sshd, and logs don't mention anything in regards to
| pam_mkhomedir...
|
| Any hints ?

did you try running authconfig --enablemkhomedir --updateall

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
in life but as by the obstacles they have overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Nicolas Ross 07-31-2012 02:52 PM

James A. Peltier a écrit :
> | And it does nothing. I restarted messagebus (I've seen references to
> | that) and sshd, and logs don't mention anything in regards to
> | pam_mkhomedir...
> |
> | Any hints ?
> |

> did you try running authconfig --enablemkhomedir --updateall

Great, that worked !

That options isn't even in the man page !

Thanks,

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu 09-08-2012 02:09 PM

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 10:52 -0400, Nicolas Ross wrote:
> > did you try running authconfig --enablemkhomedir --updateall
>
> Great, that worked !
>
> That options isn't even in the man page !

That's a bug then. Please report it!

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 3.5.2-3.fc17.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux