Old 07-27-2012, 02:58 PM
TFML

Default CentOS 6.x - /proc/ide ?

I was curious, why was /proc/ide removed and was it moved to another directory to obtain ide drivers information?

Old 07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Laurence Hurst

On 27/07/2012 15:58, TFML wrote:
> I was curious, why was /proc/ide removed and was it moved to another directory to obtain ide drivers information?

From the upstream vendor's deployment guide[0]: "Later versions of the
2.6 kernel have made the /proc/ide/ and /proc/pci/ directories obsolete.
The /proc/ide/ file system is now superseded by files in sysfs; to
retrieve information on PCI devices, use lspci instead. For more
information on sysfs or lspci, refer to their respective man pages."
Therefore you should be able to find the same information from /sys
somewhere - where exactly is left as an exercise to the reader.

[0]
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/ch-proc.html

Old 07-27-2012, 03:18 PM
TFML

Laurence, Thank you for the information!