Old 07-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Lars Hecking

Default Device: DELL PERC H700 Version: 2.10 DELL PERC controllers are not supported

> smartctl version 5.38 [x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu] Copyright (C) 2002-8 Bruce Allen
> Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/
>
> Device: DELL PERC H700 Version: 2.10
>
> DELL PERC controllers are not supported.

A newer version of smartmontools does. E.g. the one that comes with CentOS6.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Lars Hecking
<lhecking@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>> smartctl version 5.38 [x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu] Copyright (C) 2002-8 Bruce Allen
>> Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Device: DELL PERC H700 Version: 2.10
>>
>> DELL PERC controllers are not supported.
>
> A newer version of smartmontools does. E.g. the one that comes with CentOS6.

Lars Hecking,

Is it available for CentOS 5.8?

Regards,

Kaushal

Old 07-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Lars Hecking

> >> DELL PERC controllers are not supported.
> >
> > A newer version of smartmontools does. E.g. the one that comes with CentOS6.
> >
> Lars Hecking,
>
> Is it available for CentOS 5.8?

Not to my knowledge. The CentOS6 SRPM may build on CentOS5, or you could try
and roll your own based on the CentOS5 SRPM and latest smartmontools from
SourceForge.