Old 04-12-2008, 05:36 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default Create Local CentOS 5.1 repo

I am trying to create a local base repo from the DVD on a webserver as I am not able to install with the x64 DVD. I have done this before I recall by placing the DVD contents in the root of an empty webserver, but I have many existing repo's on this current server and so I wanted to maintain the existing hierarchy structure.

I tried using the createrepo command and neither that nor copying the DVD into specified dir is working.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
"Mark A. Lewis"

Looking at the structure on one of the mirrors should help you: http://mirror.centos.org/centos/

Old 04-12-2008, 09:57 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> I am trying to create a local base repo from the DVD on a webserver as I am not able to install with the x64 DVD. I have done this before I recall by placing the DVD contents in the root of an empty webserver, but I have many existing repo's on this current server and so I wanted to maintain the existing hierarchy structure.
>
> I tried using the createrepo command and neither that nor copying the DVD into specified dir is working.
>
> Anyone know how to do this?

If you have already copied the entire content of the DVD to the web
server, you don't need to run createrepo. First make sure you can
browse the files from your client. Let's say it is
http://your.web.server/somedir/5/x86_64/ and you see the repodata
directory (among other things) there, then edit the [base] section of
CentOS-Base.repo to have:

baseurl=http://your.web.server/somedir/5/x86_64/

and comment out the mirrorlist line. Now test to see if yum can access it.

Akemi