Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 PM
chiong lawrence

Default EXT3-fs (dm-1): error: can't find ext3 filesystem on dev dm-1

Hello there,

I'm a new to linux need help in regards to issues during mounting of a new
created logical unit which I am unable to mount the volume due to error as
found below:

~]# mount -l -t ext3 /dev/mapper/vgNebula-lvg1 /mnt/iscsi0
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/mapper/vgNebula-lvg1,
dmesg | tail or so

[root@HE ~]# mount -t ext3 /dev/mapper/vgNebula-lvg1 /mnt/iscsi0
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/mapper/vgNebula-lvg1,
dmesg | tail or so

[root@HE ~]# tail /var/log/messages
Jul 24 16:31:37 HE kernel: EXT3-fs (dm-1): error: can't find ext3
filesystem on dev dm-1.
Jul 24 16:31:43 HE kernel: EXT3-fs (dm-1): error: can't find ext3
filesystem on dev dm-1.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

lawrence