Old 07-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Jerry Geis

Default Question 6.3 pulseaudio

Hi

I am experimenting with pulseaudio. I have everything working
as a normal user which is the correct way.

However, I have an application that runs as root that wants to
use sound. My /etc/asound.conf is all set for pulse.

I tried doing "gpasswd -a root pulse-access" and restarted my application
but that did not help.

Was wondering if someone has ran into this and knows a trick.
Pulse is running as a normal user and I just want a root task to be able
to use the sound card as well.

Thanks,

Jerry