Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 AM
arun kumar

Default YUM FAILED AFTER YUM CLEANALL

Dear all,

my yum was working fine.
I was just trying to remove cache from yum through yum cleanall, after that
i tried to do yum update, but it failed to do update and giving fallowing
error

bash-4.1# yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

i later checked the var/cache/yum and var/lib/yum.....all the "base",
"extras", "updates", "centosplus", "rpmforge"
folders are empty......i dont know what happened.

can any one please solve this error and help me to set yum working again.

Regards
--
Arun Kumar Somavarapu
Project-JRF

Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Luigi Rosa

arun kumar said the following on 19/07/2012 13:31:

> bash-4.1# yum update
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os error was
> 14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

Check that file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo contains this:

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--

You will never remember the many times the launch slipped, but the
one-time failures are with you always.
--Walt Williams, NASA, durante la cerimonia finale del progetto Mercury

Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 07/19/2012 12:31 PM, arun kumar wrote:
> http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os error was
> 14: PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 407"

fix your proxy server

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax