-   -   Oracle UEK kernel on CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/685002-oracle-uek-kernel-centos.html)

Chris 07-18-2012 09:10 PM

Oracle UEK kernel on CentOS

Hello CentOS Guys,

What do you think about the Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel?

Since Release 2 of the UEK Kernel, all updates are available free of
charge > http://public-yum.oracle.com/

My questions:
Does the Oracle UEK kernel really perform better than the default centos kernel?
Technical advantages and disadvantages?

Would you use the Oracle UEK Kernel on centos?

--
Chris

07-18-2012 09:16 PM

Oracle UEK kernel on CentOS

Chris wrote:
> Hello CentOS Guys,
>
> What do you think about the Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel?
>
> Since Release 2 of the UEK Kernel, all updates are available free of
> charge > http://public-yum.oracle.com/
>
> My questions:
> Does the Oracle UEK kernel really perform better than the default centos
> kernel? Technical advantages and disadvantages?
>
> Would you use the Oracle UEK Kernel on centos?

Do you understand what OUL is, a modified version of RHEL? And no, I have
grave doubts you could use that kernel with the standard repositories for
CentOS: I'd give you a 95% confidence that trying to update most things
would give you tons of unsatisfied dependencies.

mark "and I wouldn't support Larry Ellison if I have any options"

Clive Hills 07-18-2012 09:18 PM

Oracle UEK kernel on CentOS

No
Clive