Old 04-11-2008, 07:36 PM
John

Default kickstart ks.cfg file on USB devices

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 12:24 -0700, Bill Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008, John wrote:
> >On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 12:18 -0600, Milton Calnek wrote:
> >> findfs comes to mind.
> >>
> >> other than that...
> >> fdisk -l | grep

> >"ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg" Specify it at the command prompt at boot time. You
> >may have to substitute the drive you have your Kick Start file in.....
>
> That's a no brainer, but when I'm testing various ks.cfg files,
> it's far quicker to be able to edit a file on a USB device than
> to burn a new CD.

Explain exactly what you are trying to do? You can respin the media and
specify that in systl.conf to hunt for ks file??

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079

Old 04-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Milton Calnek

Bill Campbell wrote:

Is there an easy way to specify the proper device location for
the kickstart configuration file if it is on a USB flash or USB
floppy drive? Depending on the hard disk configuration they
might by /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc.

On SuSE'autoyast instalattions, the system searches all available
devices for an ``info' configuration file. Does CentOS 5.x do
something similar to find a ``ks.cfg' file?

"ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg" Specify it at the command prompt at boot time. You
may have to substitute the drive you have your Kick Start file in.....

That's a no brainer, but when I'm testing various ks.cfg files,
it's far quicker to be able to edit a file on a USB device than
to burn a new CD.

Bill

ks=http://host/path/ks.cfg
Of course you have have to be using the network in order to do this...
It works well for me as I install via the http anyway.

--
Milton Calnek BSc, A/Slt(Ret.)
milton@calnek.com

believed to be clean.