Old 07-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Patrick Kongawi

Default Help Installing Codeblocks on Centos 6.4

To whom this may concern

I have read the read me file provided by the OS. I followed the
directions but I can not install Codeblocks from source code. The
terminal tells me that the files are not in my home folder. Whe I
check I see the folders. I don't know what to do.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerley

Patrick Kongawi

Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM

Patrick Kongawi wrote:
> To whom this may concern
>
> I have read the read me file provided by the OS. I followed the
> directions but I can not install Codeblocks from source code. The
> terminal tells me that the files are not in my home folder. Whe I
> check I see the folders. I don't know what to do.

a) Should I assume you mean Code::Blocks? If so, thanks, I hadn't heard of
it.
Do you know if it requires less than that monster of bloat, eclipse?
b) Are you trying to install it in userspace, or system? If the latter,
are you doing this as root or sudo?
c) How comfortable are you in *Nix? Are you pointing to ./, or did you cd
into the created directory, and then did you do ./configure, which I
assume they use?
d) The terminal didn't tell you anything. The program you were running told
you something. What was it, *exactly*, and *exactly* what was the
command you were running?

mark

Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Nux!

On 12.07.2012 19:32, Patrick Kongawi wrote:
> To whom this may concern
>
> I have read the read me file provided by the OS. I followed the
> directions but I can not install Codeblocks from source code. The
> terminal tells me that the files are not in my home folder. Whe I
> check I see the folders. I don't know what to do.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Sincerley
>
> Patrick Kongawi

Hello, Codeblocks is in EPEL repo.