Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Leonard den Ottolander

Default php-pear missing from 5.8 (i386) metadata?

Hi,

# yum install php-pear
<snip>
No package php-pear available.
Nothing to do

This is on CentOS 5.8 (i386). The package is available for both archs on
the two mirrors I checked. I also tried a
# yum clean headers
# yum clean metadata
# yum clean dbcache
to no avail. Am I missing something or is it the metadata?

Regards,
Leonard.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:55 PM

Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> # yum install php-pear
> <snip>
> No package php-pear available.
> Nothing to do
>
> This is on CentOS 5.8 (i386). The package is available for both archs on
> the two mirrors I checked. I also tried a
> # yum clean headers
> # yum clean metadata
> # yum clean dbcache
> to no avail. Am I missing something or is it the metadata?

yum list *pear* | wc -l results in 111. Piping it through more...
perhaps you want php-pear.noarch?

mark

Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 07/12/2012 10:32 AM, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> # yum install php-pear
> <snip>
> No package php-pear available.
> Nothing to do
>
> This is on CentOS 5.8 (i386). The package is available for both archs on
> the two mirrors I checked. I also tried a
> # yum clean headers
> # yum clean metadata
> # yum clean dbcache
> to no avail. Am I missing something or is it the metadata?

[hughesjr@localhost ~]$ yum list php-pear

<snip>

Available Packages
php-pear.noarch
1:1.4.9-8.el5 base

====================

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.8/os/i386/CentOS/php-pear-1.4.9-8.el5.noarch.rpm

Old 07-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Leonard den Ottolander

Hi Johnny,

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 14:09 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Something is broken about your configuration.

Hahaha! It's been a while since I set up this system. There's an
exclude=php-pear in my repo config that I'd totally forgotten about. I
put it in to avoid an update to that package possibly blowing away hand
added PEAR packages.

Just today I decided to upgrade from php to php53 and removed all php*
packages before proceeding. Checked everything including the data files
in /var/cache/yum, no mention of pear there either. What I did not check
was my repo config. Doh!

Thank you for putting me straight and sorry for the fuzz. At least I
learned that an exclude in the repo config not only filters the package
on yum execution, it completely filters it from the local cached
metadata which I grepped.

If you missed my previous post, thank you and the rest of the team very
much for yet another fine release!

Regards,
Leonard.