Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 AM
jiten jha

Default kickstart installation problem

Dear Friends,

I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install centos
or scientific linux using NFS so it is not working and getting me error =
"unable to download kickstart file".
My kickstart file configuration is :

#platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T
#version=DEVEL
# Firewall configuration
firewall --disabled
# Install OS instead of upgrade
install
# Use NFS installation media
nfs --server=10.112.16.33 --dir=/nfs/os/ks.cfg
# Root password
rootpw --iscrypted $1$3T0pmlXY$G/jNJD/2eWwNJhEraJIrl0
# System authorization information
auth --useshadow --passalgo=sha512
# Use graphical install
graphical
# Run the Setup Agent on first boot
firstboot --enable
# System keyboard
keyboard us
# System language
lang en_US
# SELinux configuration
selinux --disabled
# Installation logging level
logging --level=info
# Reboot after installation
reboot
# System timezone
timezone Asia/Kolkata
# Network information
network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --onboot=on
# System bootloader configuration
bootloader --location=mbr
# Clear the Master Boot Record
zerombr
# Partition clearing information
clearpart --all
# Disk partitioning information
part /boot --fstype="ext4" --size=200
part swap --fstype="swap" --size=4096
part / --fstype="ext4" --grow --size=1

network installation using NFS kickstart following setps i am using

- system-config-kickstart
- system-config-nfs
- /etc/init.d/nfs restart
- mkdir -p /nfs/os/
- mkdir /mnt/iso/
- mount -t iso9660 /root/Desktop/Centos-64-DVD.iso /mnt/iso/ -o loop
- cp -Rp /mnt/iso/* /nfs/os/
- vim /etc/exports/
- /nsf/os/ 10.112.0.0/8(ro,sync)
- exportfs -a
- exportfs -v
- /etc/init.d/nfs restart .
- When I boot my pc using centos and in a boot option I put "
ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg"

So it is giving my error could not find kernel image
ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg

When I put ks.cfg file in /nfs/os/ks.cfg Then it is giving me error "
Unable to download kickstart file"

I have check all configuration .
Even I search on google but not getting any good idea or solution.

Please help me .

Regards
Jitendra Jha

Old 07-10-2012, 06:33 AM
jiten jha

Dear friends,

Dear Friends,

I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install Ubuntu 10.04 Desktop or Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS using NFS so it is not working and getting me
[...]

When I put ks.cfg file in /nfs/os/ks.cfg Then it is giving me error " Unable to download kickstart file"

--
Regards
Jitendra Jha

jjha@phy.iitb.ac.in
I10075@iitb.ac.in

Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Tom H

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM, jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install Ubuntu
> 10.04 Desktop or Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS using NFS so it is not working and
> getting me error = "unable to download kickstart file".
>
> mkdir -p /nfs/os/
> mkdir /mnt/iso/
> mount -t iso9660 /root/Desktop/Centos-64-DVD.iso /mnt/iso/ -o loop
> cp -Rp /mnt/iso/* /nfs/os/

(http is more simple and reliable than nfs for kickstart installs)

Anyway, you're installing CentOS, not Ubuntu...

Old 07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Barry Brimer

> I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install centos
> or scientific linux using NFS so it is not working and getting me error =
> "unable to download kickstart file".
> My kickstart file configuration is :
<snip>
> - When I boot my pc using centos and in a boot option I put "
> ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg"
<snip>
> So it is giving my error could not find kernel image
> ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg

I believe you are missing a : after the server IP address .. it should be
nfs:host:/path/to/whatever

Barry

Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 AM
jiten jha

I am installing ubuntu.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 AM
jiten jha

I did nfs:host:/path/to/whatever

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Barry Brimer <lists@brimer.org> wrote:

> > I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install
> centos
> > or scientific linux using NFS so it is not working and getting me error =
> > "unable to download kickstart file".
> > My kickstart file configuration is :
> <snip>
> > - When I boot my pc using centos and in a boot option I put "
> > ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg"
> <snip>
> > So it is giving my error could not find kernel image
> > ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg
>
> I believe you are missing a : after the server IP address .. it should be
> nfs:host:/path/to/whatever
>
> Barry

Regards
Jitendra Jha

Old 07-10-2012, 09:03 AM
jiten jha

can you send me HTTP process .

Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
James Pearson

jiten jha wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install centos
> or scientific linux using NFS so it is not working and getting me error =
> "unable to download kickstart file".
> My kickstart file configuration is :
>

> #platform=x86, AMD64, or Intel EM64T
> #version=DEVEL
> # Firewall configuration
> firewall --disabled
> # Install OS instead of upgrade
> install
> # Use NFS installation media
> nfs --server=10.112.16.33 --dir=/nfs/os/ks.cfg

The '--dir=' argument is the path to the distro directory, not the path
to the kickstart file - i.e. it should be:

nfs --server=10.112.16.33 --dir=/nfs/os

> network installation using NFS kickstart following setps i am using
>
> - system-config-kickstart
> - system-config-nfs
> - /etc/init.d/nfs restart
> - mkdir -p /nfs/os/
> - mkdir /mnt/iso/
> - mount -t iso9660 /root/Desktop/Centos-64-DVD.iso /mnt/iso/ -o loop
> - cp -Rp /mnt/iso/* /nfs/os/
> - vim /etc/exports/
> - /nsf/os/ 10.112.0.0/8(ro,sync)
> - exportfs -a
> - exportfs -v
> - /etc/init.d/nfs restart .
> - When I boot my pc using centos and in a boot option I put "
> ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg"
>
> So it is giving my error could not find kernel image
> ks=nfs:serverIP/nfs/ks/ks.cfg
>
> When I put ks.cfg file in /nfs/os/ks.cfg Then it is giving me error "
> Unable to download kickstart file"

I don't know if the contents of your /etc/exports file above is a typo -
but it should be "/nfs/os" not "/nsf/os"

If your kickstart file is under /nfs/os/ on the same server, then the
boot command line syntax should be:

ks=nfs:10.112.16.33:/nfs/os/ks.cfg

James Pearson

Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Colin Law

On 10 July 2012 09:59, jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I am installing ubuntu.
>

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM, jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install
>> > Ubuntu
>> > 10.04 Desktop or Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS using NFS so it is not working
>> > and
>> > getting me error = "unable to download kickstart file".
>> >
>> > mkdir -p /nfs/os/
>> > mkdir /mnt/iso/
>> > mount -t iso9660 /root/Desktop/Centos-64-DVD.iso /mnt/iso/ -o loop

If you are installing ubuntu then the iso has an odd name. Unless I
misunderstand something basic.

Colin

Old 07-10-2012, 09:40 AM
jiten jha

I have ubuntu 12.04 CD 1st i create ISO than /root/Desktop/Ubuntu.iso

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:

On 10 July 2012 09:59, jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am installing ubuntu.

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM, jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com>

>> wrote:

>> > I have centos 6.2 64 bit os in my dell server. When I try to install

>> > Ubuntu

>> > 10.04 Desktop or Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS using NFS so it is not working

>> > and

>> > getting me error = "unable to download kickstart file".

>> > mkdir -p /nfs/os/

>> > mkdir /mnt/iso/

>> > mount -t iso9660 /root/Desktop/Centos-64-DVD.iso /mnt/iso/ -o loop

If you are installing ubuntu then the iso has an odd name. *Unless I

misunderstand something basic.

Colin

>> > cp -Rp /mnt/iso/* /nfs/os/

>> (http is more simple and reliable than nfs for kickstart installs)

>> Anyway, you're installing CentOS, not Ubuntu...

>> --

> Regards

> Jitendra Jha

Regards