Old 04-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Rainer Traut

Default fastrack channel?

Dear all,

will there be a fastrack channel for C5?
What are the problems inventing one?

Thx
Rainer

Old 04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Johnny Hughes

Rainer Traut wrote:

Dear all,

will there be a fastrack channel for C5?
What are the problems inventing one?

Thx
Rainer

There is a centos 5 fast track channel now, however populating it is the
problem.

We are currently working to get yum-security, RHWAS for c5, openjdk,
CentOS Directory Server, the new freenx-client, open-vmware-tools, DRBD
and Heartbeat working.

We are also trying to release ia64, ppc and sparc for CentOS-5.

OH .. and we are trying to deploy puppet thoughout the CentOS
infrastructure.

Did I mention that we don't get paid for this

So, adding something else to the mix is going to take a while.

But, yes, we are aware that there is a fastrack channel upstream for
el5, yes

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 04-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Scott Silva

on 4-11-2008 6:20 AM Johnny Hughes spake the following:

Rainer Traut wrote:

Dear all,

will there be a fastrack channel for C5?
What are the problems inventing one?

Thx
Rainer

There is a centos 5 fast track channel now, however populating it is the
problem.

We are currently working to get yum-security, RHWAS for c5, openjdk,
CentOS Directory Server, the new freenx-client, open-vmware-tools, DRBD
and Heartbeat working.

We are also trying to release ia64, ppc and sparc for CentOS-5.

OH .. and we are trying to deploy puppet thoughout the CentOS
infrastructure.

You left out sleep, occasional meals, a day job, and at least some interaction
with family/friends! ;-P

Did I mention that we don't get paid for this

So, adding something else to the mix is going to take a while.

But, yes, we are aware that there is a fastrack channel upstream for
el5, yes

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:35 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:

> You left out sleep, occasional meals, a day job, and at least some
> interaction with family/friends! ;-P

Sleep is overrated
Sleep is for the weak
Sleep is for the wimp
(All quoted from the hughesjr's book)

Akemi

Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:
>
> > You left out sleep, occasional meals, a day job, and at least some
> > interaction with family/friends! ;-P
>
> Sleep is overrated
> Sleep is for the weak
> Sleep is for the wimp
> (All quoted from the hughesjr's book)

I noticed that you cleaned up some of his typos :-P

To be fair, caffeine is a good substitute for sleep. And working on
CentOS allows folks to avoid family contact.
Really, if you're given a choice between screwing around on a computer
and claiming that it's 'working' or fixing that leaky faucet your wife
has been asking about for the last month....which would you choose?

George Orwell

Old 04-12-2008, 01:50 PM
David Hrbáč

Johnny Hughes napsal(a):

We are currently working to get yum-security, RHWAS for c5, openjdk,
CentOS Directory Server, the new freenx-client, open-vmware-tools, DRBD
and Heartbeat working.

Johnny,
heartbeat for C5 is here:
http://fs12.vsb.cz/hrb33/el5/hrb-fw/stable/SRPMS/repodata/

David

Old 04-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 10:35 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> Sleep is overrated

HA! I've been saying this one for years.

I don't like sleeping, but when I do manage to force myself to go to bed
early, I feel awesome the following morning. Still, it's not enough to
keep me from only getting 5 hours a night, most of the time (instead of
the 8 I really need).

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.22.14-72.fc6 i686 GNU/Linux

Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Rainer Traut

Johnny Hughes schrieb:

Rainer Traut wrote:

Dear all,

will there be a fastrack channel for C5?
What are the problems inventing one?

Thx
Rainer

There is a centos 5 fast track channel now, however populating it is the
problem.

We are currently working to get yum-security, RHWAS for c5, openjdk,
CentOS Directory Server, the new freenx-client, open-vmware-tools, DRBD
and Heartbeat working.

Nice.

We are also trying to release ia64, ppc and sparc for CentOS-5.

OH .. and we are trying to deploy puppet thoughout the CentOS
infrastructure.

Did I mention that we don't get paid for this

No and you don't have to.
I (and probably everyone here on the list) appreciate very much what
you're doing and how.

So, adding something else to the mix is going to take a while.

But, yes, we are aware that there is a fastrack channel upstream for
el5, yes

Yes, they have about 190 packages right now.

Thx
Rainer