Old 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
"gopinath"

Default Mozilla in centos

how to deny changes to proxy setting in Mozilla
firefox . Please help me out.
*
Regards,
Gopinath M
Signal Networks Pvt.
Ltd.
*

Smile... it increases your face
value!

Old 04-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Felix Schwarz

gopinath wrote:

how to deny changes to proxy setting in Mozilla firefox . Please help me out.

Please elaborate a bit more.

Do you want to prevent your users from changing the proxy settings in
Firefox? If this is true, then:

1. This is not a CentOS specific question. You're more likely to get help
in a Firefox-related newsgroup/mailing list.
2. I don't think this is possible with Firefox. There is no lockdown
concept unless you prevent a user from changing his/her prefs.js
(setting the immutable bit with ext3) but then the user can not change
any setting in Firefox (and he could just create a new profile).

HTH
fs