Old 07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Steve Campbell

Default conntrack

Is conntrack and conntrackd still valid for Centos 6.2? I can't seem to
find much on it any more. Is there something else to use?

thanks

steve campbell

Old 07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Phil Savoie

On 07/05/2012 02:02 PM, Steve Campbell wrote:
> Is conntrack and conntrackd still valid for Centos 6.2? I can't seem to
> find much on it any more. Is there something else to use?
>
> thanks
>
> steve campbell

Hi Steve,

Yep, conntrack is still on used mostly for netfilter/IPTables.

cd /lib/modules/$(uname -r)
find . -name *.ko | grep conntrack

Hope this helps,

Phil
--
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

Old 07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Dennis Jacobfeuerborn

On 07/05/2012 08:36 PM, Phil Savoie wrote:
> On 07/05/2012 02:02 PM, Steve Campbell wrote:
>> Is conntrack and conntrackd still valid for Centos 6.2? I can't seem to
>> find much on it any more. Is there something else to use?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> steve campbell
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Yep, conntrack is still on used mostly for netfilter/IPTables.
>
> cd /lib/modules/$(uname -r)
> find . -name *.ko | grep conntrack
>
> Hope this helps,

Conntrack is an important part of the system and is not going get become
"invalid" anytime soon. It's required for NAT for example.

Regards,
Dennis