Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   after last update google-chrome no runs anymore (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/679702-after-last-update-google-chrome-no-runs-anymore.html)

07-03-2012 02:37 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
Gary Trotcko wrote:
> Hi all. I've updated google-chrome to recent version and it gets
> unbooted, when I fired google-chrome up I got messages like these:
> /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
> /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
> /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
> /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
>
> I'm familiar with selinux bug[1] and my issue is similar for this, but
> selinux in my system is completely disabled. I've opened issue at
> chrome's bug tracker[2] but not recived conceived response yet. Is
> anyone here who experienced the same problem?

libz has nothing to do with selinux. From rpm -qi:
Description :
Zlib is a general-purpose, patent-free, lossless data compression
library which is used by many different programs.

Sounds like a library problem to me: either chrome doesn't like the std.
libz provided in the CentOS Zlib package, or it's missing, or.....

mark

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Gary Trotcko 07-03-2012 03:33 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
> libz has nothing to do with selinux. From rpm -qi:
> Description :
> Zlib is a general-purpose, patent-free, lossless data compression
> library which is used by many different programs.
>
> Sounds like a library problem to me: either chrome doesn't like the std.
> libz provided in the CentOS Zlib package, or it's missing, or.....

What have I got to do? Have I got to report a bug to centos bug
tracker? Or.... In OpenSuse the same version of Chrome works fine.

--
Best Regards,
Gary Trotcko
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

07-03-2012 04:01 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
Gary Trotcko wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM, <m.roth@5-cent.us> wrote:
>> libz has nothing to do with selinux. From rpm -qi:
>> Description :
>> Zlib is a general-purpose, patent-free, lossless data compression
>> library which is used by many different programs.
>>
>> Sounds like a library problem to me: either chrome doesn't like the std.
>> libz provided in the CentOS Zlib package, or it's missing, or.....
>
> What have I got to do? Have I got to report a bug to centos bug
> tracker? Or.... In OpenSuse the same version of Chrome works fine.

CentOS is pretty much a clone of RHEL. With this issue, either it's a
problem with upstream, as we say, or it's a problem with chrome, or you've
installed a version of chrome that's not for RHEL and clones.

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Gary Trotcko 07-03-2012 06:03 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
I wonder if I only user who came across this bug.

--
Best Regards,
Gary Trotcko
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Leonard den Ottolander 07-03-2012 07:01 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
Hello Gary,

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 21:03 +0300, Gary Trotcko wrote:
> I wonder if I only user who came across this bug.

And I wonder if you read what Mark Roth suggested. Did you install a
version for RHEL/CentOS or did you accidentally install a version for
another flavour of Linux? And if you did install a build for RHEL/CentOS
did you get one for the right version of CentOS?

If answering the above questions does not solve your problem you are
probably better off taking your issue to a Chrome specific mailing list.

Regards,
Leonard.

--
mount -t life -o ro /dev/dna /genetic/research


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Steve Clark 07-03-2012 07:33 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
On 07/03/2012 02:03 PM, Gary Trotcko wrote:
> I wonder if I only user who came across this bug.
>
What do you get when you run

ldd /opt/google/chrome/chrome

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*
Director of Technology
Phone: 813-579-3200
Fax: 813-882-0209
Email: steve.clark@netwolves.com
http://www.netwolves.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Gary Trotcko 07-03-2012 10:13 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Leonard den Ottolander
<leonard@den.ottolander.nl> wrote:
> Hello Gary,
>
> On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 21:03 +0300, Gary Trotcko wrote:
>> I wonder if I only user who came across this bug.
>
> And I wonder if you read what Mark Roth suggested. Did you install a
> version for RHEL/CentOS or did you accidentally install a version for
> another flavour of Linux? And if you did install a build for RHEL/CentOS
> did you get one for the right version of CentOS?
>
> If answering the above questions does not solve your problem you are
> probably better off taking your issue to a Chrome specific mailing list.

I installed google-chrome at CentOS 6.0 and it has beeen working fine
for year since that moment until now. I asumed this version was
correct considering the number of successful updates.
--
Best Regards,
Gary Trotcko
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

James Pearson 07-03-2012 10:17 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
Gary Trotcko wrote:
> Hi all. I've updated google-chrome to recent version and it gets
> unbooted, when I fired google-chrome up I got messages like these:
> /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
> /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
> /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
> /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
> available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)

I see the same warnings - but chrome runs fine.

The above are just warnings - I see them occasionally with other apps
with other libs

For one explanation see:

<http://stackoverflow.com/a/156387>

James Pearson

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Gary Trotcko 07-03-2012 10:24 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Steve Clark <sclark@netwolves.com> wrote:
> On 07/03/2012 02:03 PM, Gary Trotcko wrote:
>
> I wonder if I only user who came across this bug.
>
> What do you get when you run
>
> ldd /opt/google/chrome/chrome
>
$ ldd /opt/google/chrome/chrome
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
linux-gate.so.1 => (0x002d2000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x004da000)
libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x00221000)
libXss.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXss.so.1 (0x002b8000)
libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x00405000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0x00638000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x008c3000)
libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0x009bb000)
libgthread-2.0.so.0 => /lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 (0x00970000)
libglib-2.0.so.0 => /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x00c9c000)
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0xb34e4000)
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0x00110000)
libatk-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libatk-1.0.so.0 (0x00365000)
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 (0x001c5000)
libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0 (0x001e4000)
libcairo.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2 (0x00ea3000)
libpango-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0 (0x0022a000)
libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00416000)
libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x00273000)
libnss3.so => /usr/lib/libnss3.so (0x0068d000)
libnssutil3.so => /usr/lib/libnssutil3.so (0x00a00000)
libsmime3.so => /usr/lib/libsmime3.so (0x001f0000)
libplc4.so => /lib/libplc4.so (0x00f55000)
libnspr4.so => /lib/libnspr4.so (0x00acf000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x002d3000)
libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x002bb000)
libgconf-2.so.4 => /usr/lib/libgconf-2.so.4 (0x002ee000)
libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x00384000)
libXcomposite.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXcomposite.so.1 (0x00354000)
libXfixes.so.3 => /usr/lib/libXfixes.so.3 (0x00b29000)
libasound.so.2 => /lib/libasound.so.2 (0xb33f5000)
libcups.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcups.so.2 (0x00f97000)
libgcrypt.so.11 => /lib/libgcrypt.so.11 (0x007c6000)
libbz2.so.1.0 => not found
libexpat.so.1 => /lib/libexpat.so.1 (0x00328000)
libudev.so.0 => /lib/libudev.so.0 (0x003cb000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb3307000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x004ae000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00b74000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb3176000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x0066d000)
libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0x003dc000)
libgio-2.0.so.0 => /lib/libgio-2.0.so.0 (0xb30c5000)
libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (0x00f5c000)
libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0x00a4c000)
libXinerama.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXinerama.so.1 (0x0021b000)
libXi.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXi.so.6 (0x002a8000)
libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x00c74000)
libXcursor.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1 (0x00b4e000)
libXdamage.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXdamage.so.1 (0x0021e000)
libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x00641000)
libpixman-1.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpixman-1.so.0 (0xb305a000)
libplds4.so => /lib/libplds4.so (0x0062a000)
libORBit-2.so.0 => /usr/lib/libORBit-2.so.0 (0xb2ffd000)
libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2 (0xb2fbd000)
libkrb5.so.3 => /lib/libkrb5.so.3 (0xb2ee7000)
libk5crypto.so.3 => /lib/libk5crypto.so.3 (0x00842000)
libcom_err.so.2 => /lib/libcom_err.so.2 (0x00357000)
libgnutls.so.26 => /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26 (0xb2e3e000)
libavahi-common.so.3 => /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3 (0x00612000)
libavahi-client.so.3 => /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3 (0xb2e2c000)
libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0xb2dfc000)
libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x0090c000)
libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0x002cf000)
libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2 (0xb2de2000)
libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb2dc2000)
libkrb5support.so.0 => /lib/libkrb5support.so.0 (0x00a83000)
libkeyutils.so.1 => /lib/libkeyutils.so.1 (0x00e75000)
libtasn1.so.3 => /usr/lib/libtasn1.so.3 (0x00a50000)
libfreebl3.so => /lib/libfreebl3.so (0xb2d72000)


--
Best Regards,
Gary Trotcko
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Gary Trotcko 07-03-2012 10:26 PM

after last update google-chrome no runs anymore
 
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM, James Pearson
<james-p@moving-picture.com> wrote:
>
> I see the same warnings - but chrome runs fine.
>
> The above are just warnings - I see them occasionally with other apps
> with other libs
>
> For one explanation see:
>
> <http://stackoverflow.com/a/156387>
>
> James Pearson
>
In my case Chrome hangs at boot time.

--
Best Regards,
Gary Trotcko
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:07 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.