Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Gary Trotcko

Default after last update google-chrome no runs anymore

Hi all. I've updated google-chrome to recent version and it gets
unbooted, when I fired google-chrome up I got messages like these:
/usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
/usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)

I'm familiar with selinux bug[1] and my issue is similar for this, but
selinux in my system is completely disabled. I've opened issue at
chrome's bug tracker[2] but not recived conceived response yet. Is
anyone here who experienced the same problem?

$ google-chrome --version
20.0.1132.47

$ cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS release 6.2 (Final)