Old 06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Tom Bishop

Default unixODBC Centos 5 Testing version

Trying to get a later version of the unixODBC RPM that is in Centos 5, I
read in some posting that unixODBC.x86_64 2.2.12-1.el5s2 was in the testing
repo but I was unable to locate it, currently it appears that we are
runningunixODBC-2.2.11-7.1. I have looked in the Centos 5 Testing
repo but do not
see the 2.2.12 version....anyone have any pointers to move me along, thanks.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 06/27/2012 11:18 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:
> Trying to get a later version of the unixODBC RPM that is in Centos 5, I
> read in some posting that unixODBC.x86_64 2.2.12-1.el5s2 was in the testing
> repo but I was unable to locate it, currently it appears that we are
> runningunixODBC-2.2.11-7.1. I have looked in the Centos 5 Testing
> repo but do not
> see the 2.2.12 version....anyone have any pointers to move me along, thanks.

Red Hat stopped supporting the RHWAS product in 2009 (except for
critical security updates). The CentOS project therefore removed it
from our testing repo. You can get the SRPMS to build from upstream here:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHWAS/SRPMS/

The latest version available is:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/RHWAS/SRPMS/unixODBC-2.2.12-8.el5s2.src.rpm

I am not sure I would use the packages from that repo however ... for
example, I know that the php version there would have security issues.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Tom Bishop