-   -   dhclient-eth0.conf question (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/677727-dhclient-eth0-conf-question.html)

Jerry Geis 06-27-2012 11:22 AM

dhclient-eth0.conf question

I have the line:
request tftp-server-name;
in my centos 6.2 dhclient-eth0.conf file

If the tftp-server-name is given by the DHCP server everything is fine.
however, if it is NOT given the client seems to error out and does not
get an address and is not on the network.
I then take the line out and do service network restart and it works
just fine.

How can I make this an optional thing? If the server can provide it fine
if not thats fine and just keep going?
How do I do that?

Thanks,

Jerry