Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Chris Boyd

Default SugarCRM pro and PHP 5.2

We're looking at SugarCRM 5, but they strongly recommend PHP 5.2.4.
Looking around I see that a few individuals are maintaining repos for
CentOS, but I'd prefer to get it from one of the larger repositories.

Anyone out there using http://www.jasonlitka.com/yum-repository/ ?

Any idea when PHP 5.2x will be available?

--Chris

Old 04-10-2008, 07:53 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Chris Boyd <cboyd@gizmopartners.com> wrote:
> We're looking at SugarCRM 5, but they strongly recommend PHP 5.2.4. Looking
> around I see that a few individuals are maintaining repos for CentOS, but
> I'd prefer to get it from one of the larger repositories.
>
> Anyone out there using http://www.jasonlitka.com/yum-repository/ ?
>
> Any idea when PHP 5.2x will be available?

Are you certain you need 5.2.x? SugarCRM is a RH partner, and offered
a bundled sugarcrm install through rhx.redhat.com

http://rhx.redhat.com/rhx/catalog/productdetail.jspa?productId=1002

According to that page
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - with the included Apache and PHP packages
* MySQL Enterprise Database Server

It's also possible that 5.2 will be in the RHWAPS stack once it's
tested/released.

George Orwell

Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Chris Boyd

Are you certain you need 5.2.x? SugarCRM is a RH partner, and offered
a bundled sugarcrm install through rhx.redhat.com

We've been working with a consultant that does a lot of custom Sugar
work, and the Sugar support group is strongly recommending it.

--Chris

Old 04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Karanbir Singh

Chris Boyd wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
>> Are you certain you need 5.2.x? SugarCRM is a RH partner, and offered
>> a bundled sugarcrm install through rhx.redhat.com
>
> We've been working with a consultant that does a lot of custom Sugar
> work, and the Sugar support group is strongly recommending it.

I would disregard that - if the project and organisation behind Sugar
are supporting it on the rhel platform, there is no reason why it should
not work on CentOS.

anyway, we should have php-5.2 available in centos-5 within the next
couple of weeks

Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Chris Boyd

We've been working with a consultant that does a lot of custom Sugar
work, and the Sugar support group is strongly recommending it.

Ah, I was not clear. They are strongly recommending PHP 5.2, not
RHEL :-)

anyway, we should have php-5.2 available in centos-5 within the next
couple of weeks

Sweet--I'll see if we can move to 5.

--Chris

Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Karanbir Singh

Chris Boyd wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> We've been working with a consultant that does a lot of custom Sugar
>>> work, and the Sugar support group is strongly recommending it.
>
> Ah, I was not clear. They are strongly recommending PHP 5.2, not RHEL :-)

you missed the point that Jim made. SugarCRM are a rhx partner, they
themselves support it on RHEL.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 AM

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:29:21 +0100
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:

> anyway, we should have php-5.2 available in centos-5 within the
> next couple of weeks

Is the cat out of the bag? Yeeah!!

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com

Old 04-11-2008, 01:00 PM
"Matt Shields"

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Chris Boyd <cboyd@gizmopartners.com> wrote:
> We're looking at SugarCRM 5, but they strongly recommend PHP 5.2.4. Looking
> around I see that a few individuals are maintaining repos for CentOS, but
> I'd prefer to get it from one of the larger repositories.
>
> Anyone out there using http://www.jasonlitka.com/yum-repository/ ?
>
> Any idea when PHP 5.2x will be available?
>
> --Chris

I believe it's a recommendation, not a requirement. We're using
CentOS5.1 with PHP 5.1.6 and it works perfectly fine with our SugarCRM
5.

--
-matt