-   -   Terminfo ansi-m entry missing (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/677546-terminfo-ansi-m-entry-missing.html)

"Hugh E Cruickshank" 06-26-2012 11:00 PM

Terminfo ansi-m entry missing

Hi All:

It appears that the terminfo ansi-m file is no longer distributed with
the CentOS 6.2 (along with many others). Can anyone advise how I can
obtain this file? As a work around I have copied the file from a CentOS
4 box but that is probably not the "proper" way to do it.

TIA

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com

"Hugh E Cruickshank" 06-27-2012 05:31 AM

Terminfo ansi-m entry missing

From: Hugh E Cruickshank Sent: June 26, 2012 16:01

> It appears that the terminfo ansi-m file is no longer distributed with
> the CentOS 6.2 (along with many others). Can anyone advise how I can
> obtain this file? As a work around I have copied the file from a
> CentOS 4 box but that is probably not the "proper" way to do it.

To follow up on my original post I have found that the following also
works:

wget http://www.catb.org/~esr/terminfo/termtypes.ti.gz
gunzip termtypes.ti.gz
tic -e ansi-m termtypes.ti

This would actually appear to be "the proper way" to go.

HTH

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com