Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Max Pyziur

Default Request for recommendations for dynamic dns daemon

Greetings,

I'm trying to configure dynamic dns on my test/backup machine (CentOS
5.8). I'm using Zoneedit DNS.

I've been trying to setup ddclient; the error message that I get is:
Jun 26 15:20:09 xxxxxx ddclient[28467]: WARNING: file
/var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache, line 3: Invalid Value for keyword 'ip'
= '

Or should I use ez-ipupdate?

Thank you.

Max Pyziur
pyz@brama.com

Old 06-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Tim

On Thu, 2012-06-28 at 14:34 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> I'm trying to configure dynamic dns on my test/backup machine (CentOS
> 5.8). I'm using Zoneedit DNS.
>
> I've been trying to setup ddclient; the error message that I get is:
> Jun 26 15:20:09 xxxxxx ddclient[28467]: WARNING: file
> /var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache, line 3: Invalid Value for keyword 'ip'
> = '
>
> Or should I use ez-ipupdate?

CentOS - wrong list...

I don't know about zoneedit or ez-ipupdate, but you really ought to post
a copy of the file that it finds an error with.

I do dynamic DHCP and DNS serving on my LAN, but with the BIND DNS
server and the ISC DHCP service. Each implementation is different, but
the knowledge is transferable. Particularly if you understand what's
involved with DHCP and DNS services, and just need to work out the
configuration.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686