Old 06-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Gustavo Lacoste

Default SNDS: root@ emails problem

HI guys, I have a question related to outing root@ emails from my server.
I have a centos server with sendmail and I have installed fail2ban and
iptables firewall recently.

The problem is: SNDS by hotmail (microsoft) has listed my server on RED
color claiming sending SPAM from my server, but I completely secure but I
am quite sure you have blocked sending emails from the root account 'on the
server, I tried it. I really not understand what the problem is, does
anyone know who might be happening? How I can finally stop sending emails
from my server root @?

Thanks in advance.

With Kind Regards,

Gustavo A. Lacoste Z.
Curacautín - Chile
Skype: knxroot
Msn & Gtalk: knx.root [at] gmail.com
Home page: http://www.lacosox.org
- -
*Por favor, evite enviarme documentos adjuntos en formato Word o PowerPoint.
Lea http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html*

Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Gordon Messmer

On 06/26/2012 07:40 AM, Gustavo Lacoste wrote:
> The problem is: SNDS by hotmail (microsoft) has listed my server on RED
> color claiming sending SPAM from my server, but I completely secure

First, look at /var/log/maillog. If you're sending or relaying spam, it
will probably be pretty obvious.

Second, the listing may apply to your entire network, and could be the
result of some other system, or it could be an old listing from a system
which previously used your address. If your system is secure, follow
hotmail's process for de-listing your address.
http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx