Old 04-10-2008, 06:35 PM
"David Hláčik"

Default mod_auth_ldap Apache2 on CentOS 5 and require group

Hi , i am facing a strange problem.
*
I have centos , i wan to access svn trought apache using mod auth ldap.
*
This is what i have configured
*
****** AuthLDAPBindDN cn=svn,ou=Operators,o=Organization
******* AuthLDAPBindPassword Pass1
******* AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap/ou=Users,o=Organization?uid"
******* AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
******* AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on

******* Require group cn=tester2,ou=Groups,o=Organization
*
What is strange?

According to doc it will accept only users which DN is in group cn=teste2,ou=Groups,o=Organization.

How come, for me it will accept every one user from LDAP?

Thanks in advance!
*
*

Old 04-10-2008, 06:54 PM
"Jeff Larsen"

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
> Hi , i am facing a strange problem.
>
> I have centos , i wan to access svn trought apache using mod auth ldap.
>
> This is what i have configured
>
> AuthLDAPBindDN cn=svn,ou=Operators,o=Organization
> AuthLDAPBindPassword Pass1
> AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap/ou=Users,o=Organization?uid"
> AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
> AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on
> Require group cn=tester2,ou=Groups,o=Organization
>
> What is strange?
>
> According to doc it will accept only users which DN is in group
> cn=teste2,ou=Groups,o=Organization.
>
> How come, for me it will accept every one user from LDAP?

Your config looks correct, if it is in the correct context element in
your .conf file. Is it within a <Location> element that references
your svn repository path? Please show more of your config.

Are you sure Apache is querying the LDAP server? Are you prompted for
a login. Are you denied if a bad password or username is given?

--
Jeff

Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:35 PM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
> Hi , i am facing a strange problem.
>
> I have centos , i wan to access svn trought apache using mod auth ldap.
>
> This is what i have configured
>
> AuthLDAPBindDN cn=svn,ou=Operators,o=Organization
> AuthLDAPBindPassword Pass1
> AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap/ou=Users,o=Organization?uid"
> AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
> AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN on
> Require group cn=tester2,ou=Groups,o=Organization
>
> What is strange?
>
> According to doc it will accept only users which DN is in group
> cn=teste2,ou=Groups,o=Organization.
>
> How come, for me it will accept every one user from LDAP?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Is this for centos 4 or centos5?

George Orwell